Divorce Planning in Orange County & Irvine, CA
Planning to file for divorce in Orange County or Irvine, CA?
We all know that ending a marriage is never an easy decision to make. Filing for divorce can be a complicated and time-consuming procedure, especially if you are not aware of all the specificities of California law.
The Goldberg Legal Group has been navigating the California judicial system for more than fifteen years. Our Orange County family law firm specializes in divorce proceedings, and our skilled attorneys are able to help you through this high-stress time in your life. We are aware that divorce issues require careful planning and attention to detail, and we aim to provide high quality divorce planning for our clients in Southern California.
If you are looking for some pre-divorce legal advice and are planning to file for divorce, then there are many things that you need to know. The Goldberg Legal Group will help you to plan and will let you know the most important things to consider before starting to file for your divorce.
How can a divorce lawyer help me to plan for my divorce?
A divorce in California is the legal termination of marriage by a court in a judicial proceeding and requires a petition (or complaint/dissolution in some states) by one party. State law governs divorces, so the petitioning party can only file in the state in which he/she has been a resident for a certain period of time – which is six months in California.
But, before filing for divorce in California, there are a few steps that you should take, including:
- Choosing the right divorce attorney: the most important step in planning your divorce. A divorce lawyer will have your best interest in mind and will guide you throughout the divorce procedure. Hiring the wrong attorney can have devastating consequences – particularly emotional and financial.
- Protecting yourself during the divorce: a few simple rules will help you to protect yourself, your children and your finances at the start of a divorce. These things can include: not moving out if you have kids, demanding joint legal custody, canceling joint credit cards, selling additional properties, securing valuable personal property, and many more. A divorce attorney can assist you in making the best choices to protect yourself before filing for divorce.
- Learning about the different divorce approaches: litigation, collaboration or mediation are several options for reaching a resolution in your California divorce. In a mediation procedure, parties are willing to work together with one expert. A collaborative divorce means that the parties want to work together, but they still need help from their attorney during the procedure. Finally, litigation is required in cases where the parties cannot reach an agreement together. In such cases, the judge will have the final say on all decisions.
- Business Division During Divorce
- Same Sex Divorce Attorney
- 730 Custody Evaluations
- Business Division During Divorce
- Community Property
- Complex & High-Asset Divorce
- Forensic Accountant for Divorce Cases
- High Asset Divorce
- Separate Property
- Uncontested Divorce Attorney
Divorce planning attorneys in Orange County and Irvine
If you or someone you know is planning on filing for divorce in California, then the first step is to hire an experienced and skilled divorce lawyer. The Goldberg Legal Group has much experience in divorce cases, and our attorneys will be there to guide you during this complicated procedure. We always have the best interests of our clients at heart and will work hard to provide you with efficient and high-quality representation. Your divorce is unique, and there is no one right way to approach it. Contact us and fully prepare yourself for the divorce process and all it entails.
Call us now for a free consultation!
The Goldberg Legal Group
7545 Irvine Center Drive Suite 200
Irvine, CA 92618